Re: [pct-l] Ultra Tricks

Montedodge@aol.com wrote:

>  If the " Ray Way" is so great, why didn't Jardine tackle the CDT with his
> tactics instead of repeating and repeating and repeating the PCT.

Monte -
Hate to pop your bubble but Ray did do the CDT - sorta.  He sells a CDT
guide that a couple people used last year as their only guidebook.  They
made it all the way - but I wouldn't want to do it the way they did.
Only one of those people was ultralite.  He was doing 30 -40 mile days.
He followed Jardines route - lots of road walks (short cuts) around
places where we spent days in the mountains.  I'm not judging his hike
except in personal terms - what he did wasn't what we went out there
for.

What I'm curious about is his AT hike - no one seems to talk about
that.  Not even Ray.

Walk softly,
Jim