Re: [pct-l] Ray J

From: Stephen Martin <troubadour@pcthiker.com>

>>This is hilarious! If Jardine's book was [s/b "were" - subjunctive mood -
>>ed.] properly edited the total substance of it would fill maybe 20-30
>>pages, not the almost 300 it is now. It's loaded with fluff like above
>>that doesn't help a prospective hiker get a balanced opinion. <<

Were you much of a distance hiker in 1992? :)  A lot can change in 8 years.
The books are properly edited these days, though I don't pretend to take
credit for the 500 plus pages of information they contain. So rather than
re-post the same outmoded mantra, why not pick up Beyond Backpacking and
tell us what you think? Would love the feedback, especially from thru-hiking
veterans.

Now exiting the peanut gallery,
- Brett Tucker, editor Beyond Backpacking, PCT Hiker's Handbook 3rd edition