RE: [pct-l] Who the heck is this Ray guy?

 Luke writes >>  Already hating the fact I am depending greatly on
this technology (email/pct-digests) I am so eager to
rid my life of for four months (Mexico to just
pre/post-Oregon) for advice to make my time easier on
this journey, I find it even more disheartening many
of you are wasting my time to "one-up" or argue each
other.

In ten words or less: Please give me something useful
in this message group! <<

Luke,

I hope you may have received something useful from this list. But, this list
is not strictly for your edification and enjoyment. We'll have discussions
(horses, stealth camping, regulations, Ray, purity, etc.) from time to time
that will tend to fire up emotions. The discussions will die down for awhile
only to arise at a later date.

I don't apologize for it and I hope no one else does either. That doesn't
mean that the issues aren't important to the people discussing them even if
they are not particularly useful to me. 95 percent of the discussions are
very related to issues concerning the PCT. This list certainly has a higher
percentage of on topic discussions than are found on many other list.

If you find something distasteful, you have full control over the delete
key. The other option is to ask questions or make comments as your post
attempted to do. I'm not trying to censor you. Just don't expect to sit back
and have people feed you relevant information at your beckon call.

Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
PCT 2000 Journey - http://www.fallingwater.com/pct2000