[pct-l] Bear Scent

Mike,

From what I've read, animals with noses like bears'
can actually smell food through plastic, even when it
is sealed up.  Even when it is in glass jars or cans.
I have even heard that they can smell things under the
water.  Hard for humans to imagine, I know.  I think
having food sealed up would not make it "invisible"
but definately make it "less" smelly to animals.  I'd
still probably take some extra precautions, like
hanging or using a bear box, in known bear trouble
areas.

Karen