Re: [pct-l] Vacuuum sealed bags

Mike- I had the same brainstorm and tried it. I got to Muir Trail Ranch
and picked up my resupply box. My peanut butter jar had leaked all over
my bearproof vacuum sealed bags!!!! We had a 500 lb cinnamon bear in
camp that night. I had a bear cannister that year so I was alright.
I think in theory your idea would work. Wash the outside of the bags
before you send them. It might work. Some of my bags also lost the
vacuum seal in transit.
I am going Tuolomne Meadows North this year. I have decided not to bring
my bear cannister. I am just going to beat feet north and be very
careful with my food for  a few days.
Tom in Sacramento