Re: [pct-l] washing down bags

Troubadour,

I put my down bag in a front loading washer for the first time about two
months ago.  I held off for over a year after my hike because I was scared
of the whole affair.  Finally, after over 250 nights, even I was embarrassed
to crash on a friend's floor.  I used a front load washing machine and
regular liquid tide and it seems to have turned out fine.

The down remains clumped up until it is completely dry which will worry you
for about a day.  Once it dries, just  give it a couple of shakes and all
will be well.

Seems to be holding up so far.