RE: [pct-l] down or synthetic bags?

>>Wow.  800 bucks!  Many people would like to have $800 for an entire
backpacking
budget.

There is a Catch 22 here. We with Type A lifestyles have the money but not
the time. Type B has the reverse problem. The reason why ADZPCTKO won't take
donations from hikers is to make sure that the Type B hikers don't feel bad.

I am on another forum where the arguments are between Stephenson and Bibler
[even pricier] Tents. On that forum the TIME to get away 2-4 weeks is the
problem. Taking 4-5 months off to thruhike the PCT is as impossible as
spending $800 bucks on a tent on this forum.