[pct-l] Filter Clogging

Just a quick note to Jim Ginny who is getting nowhere with his PUR water
filter problem.
I know this will not solve your current problem, but for the future try the
MSR Miniworks which weighs 16 oz. It may clog occasionally; how can any
filter not clog it it is to stop germs and particles. But the thing is, it
is intended that you can quickly rub down the outside of the ceramic filter
and take a thin layer of clogged ceramic off. Then your starting fresh with
a free flowing filter. They last quite a long time, but I can't say any more
than you may need only to use about two filters for a six month hike. Happy
pumping.

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF6FFD.48E20D10

<HTML><HEAD>

<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=510131817-05022000>My
wife [Ginnie] and I had the "three-hour for three-liter experience". It was
awful. What happened. Several years ago, on a Tahoe-to-Yosemite Trail hike, I
had a MSR Waterworks clog badly. I called them from Carson Pass. They diagnosed
the problem and shipped me a replacement to Lake Alpine. This was MSR's idea.
They offered. No charge, no cash register receipt. When&nbsp;I do a hike longer
than a week I would carry a MSR. A week or less I carry a PUR and an extra
cartridge</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV align=left class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr><FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Tom Simon
  [mailto:simontom@cgocable.net]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, February 05, 2000
  7:51 AM<BR><B>To:</B> pct-l@edina.hack.net<BR><B>Subject:</B> [pct-l] Filter
  Clogging<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Just a quick note to Jim Ginny who is getting
  nowhere with his PUR water filter problem.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I know this will not solve your current problem,
  but for the future try the MSR Miniworks which weighs 16 oz. It may clog
  occasionally; how can any filter not clog it it is to stop germs and
  particles. But the thing is, it is intended that you can quickly rub down the
  outside of the ceramic filter and take a thin layer of clogged ceramic off.
  Then your starting fresh with a free flowing filter. They last quite a long
  time, but I can't say any more than you may need only to use about two filters
  for a six month hike. Happy pumping.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF6FFD.48E20D10--