[pct-l] Desert survival?

I had to use *ALL* 50 meters of my 9mm climbing rope to anchor the tent.
The method used was 4 anchors (deep ones/boulders/etc)
and 8 overcrossings of the tent to form like a giant puffed-up
spider web over my tent. It held.  The Ranger came by and said
the winds last evening gusted to 80mph.  My tent is an REI big dome
(for base camp stuff) and it came thru without a tear or
even a bent pole. Being in that kinda wind (located about 60 miles
north of Campo near Fish Creek and Borrego Springs) was a
truely enjoyable, in a survival kinda sense, experience. The howling
amd incessant blowing finally "**lulled**" me to sleep. (Out of
exhaustion, really!)

Yours,

Sand-**Everywhere**-Rich-Calliger