[pct-l] Re: PCT e-mail

I HIGHLY recommend looking at a little sub-8oz (including lithium
batteries) pocket e-mail computer called the Sharp TM-20.  Last I checked
you can buy a new one for under $100.  It uses a $9.95/month unlimited
800# to access your email from virtually any phone along the PCT.  You
don't have to plug the thing in, you just hold it up to the phone.  Check
"www.pocketmail.com" for details.  I carried one for the whole PCT and it
was a fabulous way to keep a journal and send/receive e-mail from every
town stop along the way.

Henry
PCT '99
www.jps.net/hshires/pcthike