Re: [pct-l] Journals

Andrew Reynlods wrote:
> So this is a long way to answer your question but what I want to read in a
> hiker journal is about the journey in your head and not the journey on your
> feet.
>
> And it is that journey of the spirit that fascinates me and makes me what
> to do a thru hike.  It is that mental journey that makes me force this body
> out of its chair and do to the gym to see if I can make my body fit enough
> to do the distance.  The question I always ask is, "would my mind have the
> strength to keep going for all those miles?"

Thank you very much for your wonderful thoughts. I am thru hiking PCT 2000
and photographing and writing a book about my experience. What is important
to readers has been quietly in the back of my mind lately. I had decided to
base the text on the emotional, spiritual, and the higher reaches of human
nature. Your opinion has helped!

Loony Lee