[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #1007

When a young farmboy, I went from May to September without shoes. You don't
need shoes for hiking - you sissies. - - - - - - To the hiker who goes
around without socks: why not go for the full au-naturel look and lose the
shoes too! Socks have a purpose; actually they have many functions. We might
as well go back to the cave man days. That wasn't a 6,000 year old wanderer
that they pulled out of the glacier up north - it was actually a 25 year old
thru hiker that was trying out buckskins and bare feet. Mainly, socks
provide a couple other surfaces that can rub together rather than your skin
rubbing on shoe.