[pct-l] Trail coverage

JoAnn, thanks for the great post. Northern Calif. does have some great
country!!!! Some of the best tasting water that I remember came from the
Marble Mountains. ( Still like looking at old slides of Wolford cabin, Marble
Mountains)  I think some of the reasons the Sierra's get so much coverage on
the list (besides the beauty)  is the elevation, chances of late storms and
distances between resupply points. You can get in big trouble if you mess up
on this section. Most sections can be done with the Jardine "Happy go Lucky
approach " carrying a handbag and a shower curtain shelter, but not the
Sierras. At risk of the wrath of the ultras, I can say even tinkle toes ,
Jardine himself shows great respect for the Sierras and beefs up his arsenel
of hiking tricots for this section of the trail. Washington's Northern
section can be trouble for the late finisher or unprepared as well. Thank You
again for your post JoAnn.  Monte