Re: [pct-l] Trekking Poles vs. Ski Poles

Eric writes:

<< Adjustable wrist straps....  Your weight should be supported mostly
 by the straps across your palms....

On a long day, I probably spent most time hanging from the straps as you
describe.  As a change of pace, I either gripped the handles or palmed the
tops of the grips, whatever was most comfortable at the moment.  On easy
trail, the poles are either carried in one hand or stowed across the top of
my pack.

<< Carbide tips....  >>

Found out what those rubber tip covers were for, the hard way.  Poles stashed
across top of pack as described above, then forgot about them when I swung my
pack off.  Hope to convince my future grandkids, if any, that the four inch
scar on my shin was put there by one of them "gristly bars."