Re: [pct-l] replacing Leki Tips

In a message dated 1/10/00 8:23:02 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
bugbite98@yahoo.com writes:

<< Somebody mentioned replacing their Leki tips (I was
 too quick with the delete button so I don't know who
 it was).  I was wondering where you got the
 replacement tips and how hard they are to replace. >>

Bugbite'98 (did we meet?) not to worry, many people whenever they see my
name, delete!  : )

I ended up ordering them from REI over the phone from Idyllwild and they had
"one" set left, which was forwarded to Big Bear City.  They cost me $13 an
only send UPS.  I had mine shipped to the Fire Station.

I heard later most other thru-hikers would call Leki direct and they got
theirs replaced for free.

I couldn't understand why such a large company like REI would not have
replacement parts for something they sell.  Well maybe I could.

Sly