Re: [pct-l] Trekking Poles?

Peter

I use to think of trekking poles the same way until I had an ACL reconstruction
done on my right knee and my doctor who is a hiker recommended that I get myself
a pair.  That was 4 years ago and they now go on every trip.  The only draw pack
is that my first pair was regular ski poles and I was getting wrist pains on
extended down hills (+6 miles) so I switched to ski poles with springs in the
grips.  I have never used the official trekking poles that can be purchased at
the outdoor stores because I am uncomfortable with the adjustable nature of the
poles.  To me it looks like a break waiting to happen at the wrong time.

Owen K