Re: [pct-l] Trekking Poles?

Trekking poles make pretty good tent poles but the reverse isn't true.  I
hiked the first half of the PCT with a single hiking staff, and the second
half with two trekking poles.  I wouldn't do a hike again without them.
They're a great help on any uphill or steep downhill, and will save your life
on some of those stream crossings.  IMHO, they're well worth the investment
in weight and energy it takes to bring them along.