[pct-l] Happy New Year

What a great new year!
    I was working away in the kitchen at Rainbow Lodge when "Hurricane Helen," (PCT 99) stopped in to say hi. Went for a short hike after the new year to see that the stars were all still there.

Footwear: I wore Aisics running shoes through the high sierra this year. Every morning they were frozen, and they were wet through for two weeks straight. Except for a little frostbite I got from
falling in a frozen lake (had nothing to do with the shoes), my feet were fine. But you could talk about footwear from now till 2100 and not reach a consensus. "In matters of style and taste there
can be no argument."

will stenzel