[nct-l] Introduction

It worked this time!
I'm 49 years old, and new, not only to nct-l, but also to hiking all
together.  My 13 year old son and I became interested in hiking last
year, and have doing research since then.  I joined the great lakes hikes
e-mail community, and have gained a great deal of information just from
observing the conversation on the list.  When I heard about this list, I
decided it was time to broaden my horizons a bit.

My son and I are slowly gathering gear, with the expectation of venturing
out on our maiden voyage in the spring.

I'm also interested in getting involved in the expansion of the nct as I
have available time.  The nct comes within 4 miles of my house as it
makes its way through eastern Kent County in Michigan.  At this time,
this stretch is rather undeveloped.  I hope to be a part of changing
that.

Bob
* From the North Country Trail List |  http://www.backcountry.net  *

To:            Wes Boyd <boydwe@dmci.net>