Re: [nct-l] First law of hiking

Welcome, and thanks for your input.  The North Country Trail has a little
less than 2000 miles certified, i.e. marked, off-road, closed to vehicles,
and paperwork completed, with a good bit more marked but not certified,
usually because it is routed along roads.

Much of the northern half of the lower peninsula and most of the upper
peninsula is completed and certified.  The upper peninsula does have a
reputation for low quality of maintenance, but at last report, it has
pretty much all been taken care of.  There is also a new local chapter of
the NCTA in the western part of the UP, the Peter Wolfe Chapter, that
seems to be doing some great work.
				Ryan

* From the North Country Trail List |  http://www.backcountry.net  *

To:            rpbowles@midway.uchicago.edu, dumcd@hotmail.com