[nct-l] Introduction

First of all go to

http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

That site will answer many of your questions. Then join the NCTA. You
can purchase books, maps etc. right from the site.

The reason that it is not one of the big three is because the trail is
still a work in process. Only about half of the trail is on the ground
and marked. You cannot just start at one end and hike to the other
without doing some road walking. Look at the section you plan to hike to
see how much of the trail is complete in the area you want to hike. Note
that several people have thru hiked the trail but it involved quite a
bit of route finding and road walking.

Resupply points vary greatly depending on the area you are in. You would
have to do some searching on your own to find mail drop points. It can
be done but it is not like the AT with hundreds of people hiking it
every year.

PS: this list is not very active. I would certainly like to see more
discussion.

Gordon