[iat-l] Need Input for The National Scenic Trails Cookbook!

Hi,

We are collecting trail recipes and food-related tips from those
who've hiked the National Scenic Trails for a forthcoming book titled
"The National Scenic Trails Cookbook". By tapping into the great ideas
of other hikers, we hope that the book will provide many wonderful
food experiences for all trail users.

From our experience, we've found that those who've avidly hiked the
NST's know how to cook in the backcountry. And it's those hikers we're
hoping will contribute their recipes and ideas to make the book a
reality. We've already collected over one hundred good recipes from
hikers of the Pacific Crest Trail. We're now looking for input from
those who've walked any of the other seven National Scenic Trails.

Our book will contain side-note info and top-level maps of the eight
National Scenic Trails, as well as info for contacting the major trail
associations. In fact, we plan on donating a significant portion of
our proceeds to the associations that actively preserve and protect
these trails.

For convenience, we've built a web page for hikers to submit their
recipes. The URL is: http://users.tminet.com/conners/cookbook.html.
Please stop by and take a look, submit a recipe, or just let us know
what you think.

If you have a web site and would like to link to ours, we would, of
course, be very grateful! We would be happy to return the favor with a
link to your site.

We hope you'll consider helping us create a brand new resource for
trail users!

Thanks so much,

Christine and Tim Conners
* From the Ice Age Trail Mailing List | For info http://www.hack.net/lists *