Re: [ft-l] Dan Smith

The trail was wet, but we found a dry place to sleep each night.  We had no
problems with getting water, we just had to bend down and scoop it up.  I
hiked the section from Oasis to I-75 with Dan Smith and two other new
members, John Lanier-Fort Myers and John Hanlon-Sarasota. They were supported
by another hiker from Atlanta, Don Sutherland.  All have hiked the AT where
they all met Dan Smith.  Section 1 and 2 was their first experience of
Florida hiking and they hope to continue and finish the rest.  Dan Smith is
probably in Avon Park and coming out on SR 60 tomorrow.  It was a unique
experience even for me. Swoosh, Swoosh...

Anyone interested in meeting Dan along the trail?  Drop me a line and I'll
let you know where he'll be.  He is interested in talking with people
responsible for making the trail what it is as well as those who just enjoy
walking on it.

 Kevin Butler
 VP Public Relations
 Florida Trail Association