Re: [ft-l] Dan Smith

We worry about deep water keeping people off the trail...what about the AT
in Maine????   Some of their bridges are truly scary and very dangerous.
Some of their trail is actually rock climbing,  scrambling alongs the edge
of mountains, etc.  I'm sure there are other sections of the AT just as
difficult/dangerous.  That doesn't stop people from doing the whole thing.
If people want to hike the whole FT, they'll just have to resign themselves
to getting very wet in some areas.  At lease they don't have to cling to
the side of a mountain, or cross a ravine on one very slippery log!

Sunny
in Sunny So FLA

To:            ft-l@backcountry.net