RE: [ft-l] Potts Preserve trail letters needed

Carl,
do the dikes impede the natural water flow?  It may be the better thing to do to
remove them.

Other sections of trail have been lost to river restoration efforts--
Tosohatchee and Kissimmee River come to mind.

Don't mean to be a wet blanket here, but restoring the historical, "natural"
flow of water may has benefits beyond what we hikers would claim if the
"improvements" were left as-is.  Does the water management district have any
study literature available to the public?  I'd like to know what benefits would
be realized with the restoration, weighed against the costs (loss of public
access, etc.).

Pam Hale