Re: [ft-l] Hiking 18 & 19

>I'm planning a backpack trip from Stephen Foster to Spirit of the Suwannee
>Jan 15-17.  How does the trail look, are there lots of detours away from
>the river???  Anyone up that way want to join me?
>
>Sunny
>in Sunny So FLA
>* From the Florida Trail Mailing List | http://www.backcountry.net *

there is a detour around an indian encampment when you leave stephen foster
headed west.  i am hoping to be able to join you in jan. for one night
(swift creek to spirit of the suwannee).  i am leading a long day hike on
that piece next sunday the 21st with optional camping at swift creek the
night before (saturday the 20th). i had to change the hike date from sat.
to sun. since the newsletter was published but at least i was able to add
the camping option.

--sunshine*daydreams--