Re: [ft-l] All this hype reminds me...

Good story, it also reminds me of a backpack a couple of years ago that I
took with Sue Turner on the AT in the Grayson Highlands area of Virginia. We
are on a week long backpack and Hurricane Fran decides to pay a visit on day
5. We spend the night at Old Orchard shelter in 50 mph gusts. The trees are
swaying and the rain coming down in sheets. I had a tree fall right in front
of me. The next morning we wake up to the clearest, most beautiful sky you
have ever seen. We climb up into the Highlands and can see forever. A
hurricane can definately spice up a trip.

                                                Doug McCoy