Re: [ft-l] Barking all night and such.

Hmmm.... you seem to be reading something into my message that wasn't there.
I nowhere said that the evacuations should not have been carried out. I've
been through at least four storms, not counting a typhoon out in the
Pacific, including Donna which was a big storm. The only comment that I made
was that its seems whatever disaster that is currently occurring instantly
makes people think that the current problem is "the worst ever!".

I heard the same thing during the Turkish earthquake, some people on another
mailing list were prattling on about it being the worst earthquake. Well 2
minutes of web searching showed that the Turkish quake, while still tragic,
wouldn't even make the top ten of worst quakes. A 1979 quake in China killed
over 250,000 for instance.

We of course have Santayana's quote: "Those who cannot remember the past are
condemned to repeat it."

Bryan