Re: [ft-l] Floyd

In a message dated 09/16/1999 6:34:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jbryankramer@email.msn.com writes:

<< I doubt Floyd would even make the top 5 list of major storms so I couldn't
 figure out the hype I kept hearing on the idiot box and news papers.

 Bryan >>

I don't think it really matters to the people who lost their homes, property,
pets and family whether "their" storm was in the top 5.  "All the hype" was
that the storm was dangerous in many ways, and people needed to be aware of
all of the dangers.  I know that if Floyd or Gert were headed my way at
140+mph winds and 600mile diameter I wouldn't care what Camille, Donna,
Andrew or Mitch did to others.

BTW, Discovery Channel and TLC have had some great shows on hurricanes
lately, including history of hurricanes.  I was thinking that Disaster
Trading Cards would sell great about now with all of us "weatherheads" out
here.

Also, take note... there is a possibility of something developing in the
Caribbean soon, so west-coasters like me need to pay attention.

I hope all is well with everyone, and any losses are minor.
Teresa

To:            ft-l@backcountry.net