[ft-l] Water Pumps

Interesting thing about water pumps.  My guess is that we won't see any
additions along trail on federal property any time soon.  Ask June Atkinson
about the whole sordid story.  She went to war with the Feds after they pulled
all the pumps out of Big Cypress.  Long and short of is:  Feds have regulations
for public POTABLE water sources, but none for public NON-POTABLE sources.
Since the wells at Big Cypress could not qualify under the potable rules, the
pumps were pulled.  Couldn't we just mark them as non-potable?  There are no
rules regulating that kind, so therefore you cannot have that kind-- this came
all the way from Washington.

If anyone (you AT-ers?) knows of any legal non-potable wells on federal
property, FTA would like to talk to whomever got them in so they can try again.