[ft-l] Max Patch to I40

Sunny and I (Paul Guyon - aka Slow Walker) hiked that section two years
ago.  I also would not camp on the summit of Max Patch.  It's very windy.
There is a small camping site on the north side of max patch just at the
tree line.  Don't remember a Rocky Bluff camping area, just Bluff Mountain.
 It can be done in three days.  We went south to north from Davenport Gap
to Hot Springs in four days, but our first day was only about five miles
and our last day about three and a half.  Our "comfort level" is about
eight miles a day with a max of twelve miles.  Three days should be quite
reasonable for healthy, in shape, young people.

Sunny
in Sunny So FLA

To:            ft-l@backcountry.net