Re: [ft-l] Intro

I hiked that section in '94 and it does have some good climbs but Max
Patch is still one of my favorite places on the AT.  I have a 8 x 10
picture I took of the wildflowers on Max Patch on my wall.There is no
water ontop of Max Patch but there is a creek on the South side where
you can get water. It can also get windy on the summit so if you have a
freestanding tent beware. If you are in good shape the distance in three
days is reasonable. You might want to ask for more currant info on the
sister list to this; at-l@backcountry.net There are people on that list
who live in that area and tell you about current water conditions etc.
We averaged our usual 2 miles per hour through that area. I am not
familiar with Rocky Bluff so can't help you there. Hope you get to enjoy
it all. We'll be waiting for the trip report.
					Triathlon Grandma