[ft-l] Bugs (was: who among you?)

I do the same thing.  I buy the DEET at 100% and cut it down to about 30%.
I use sun screen in the summer months or when spending most of the weekend
in open areas and plain old water for other times to make the DEET flow on
better and keep it from being so oily.  I read an in-depth article on DEET
somewhere a couple of years ago that scientific studies showed that over
approx 30 - 35% you don't get much more protection.  So why waste it.

Nothing, however, seems to be totally effective against black flies or
yellow flies.

Cricket