Re: Re: [ft-l] Re: Trail Days

In a message dated 5/24/99, 10:12:15 PM, ft-l@backcountry.net writes:
<<In fairness to the biker,
it was amazing what he could do with his bike and he was after all a thru
hiker>>

Quite true, but I just can't imagine the mindset that considers an athletic
performance such as that superior to a performance that included drama,
singing, laughter, creativity and was trail related.  That's why I made the
gen-x comment.  Only the ESPN/MTV crowd could pick a mountain biker over
Chicoman's wonderful performance.  Of course,  I don't mean to denigrate my
20-something friends, only the judges.

Happy trails,

Solar Bear

To:            ft-l@backcountry.net