Re: [ft-l] Trail Days

In a message dated 5/23/99 10:53:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RWCOVENEY@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< I did not get to see who the winner was because I ran to get a seat at
Earl Shaffer's AT slide show. >>

The mountain biker won.  To me, the worst injustice since the OJ verdict.
Must be a Generation X thing.  I thought Chicoman's adaptation of the
Cowardly Lion from The Wizard of Oz was the logical winner.  The irony of
giving first prize to a biker when we gather to celebrate a footpath is too
much for me.

Earl's slide show was awesome and giving a hiker babe a footrub before it
started only added to the memories!  :)  I got Earl's autograph as well as a
picture of us together on Friday.

Happy trails,

Solar Bear

To:            "Florida Trail ft-l" <ft-l@backcountry.net>