Re: [ft-l] FT Hikes & Dogs

    The reason most of us don't like dogs is because they are often a general nuisance and the owners have no control over the problem.  Most of us don't want to be licked by your dog or to pet your dog or to smell your dog. What interests me is that the dog owner doesn't touch me, lick me, shake his wet hair on me, lie down on my sleeping bag or move his bowels in my presence--we have laws against unwanted human touch; so why on earth would anyone think I want his dog to do those things.
    I once took our dog to obedience classes.  The first thing we learned was that the dog may (or may not) do right if the owners are trained.  Once the owner is trained the dog must be trained.  This level of training rarely happens except in the movies or on the stage or at the circus.  Realizing this we are now dog-less as we know we can not prevent a dog from intruding on others.  I say leave your dogs at home, or take a dog oriented trip with other dog-lovers where you and pooch may be appreciated.