Re: [ft-l] Chiggers

On the occasions when I couldn't get straight to my shower and scrubby sponge
after a trip through chiggerville, an alcohol wipedown (even a wet-nap packet
will do) behind the knees and around sock tops and panty elastics seems to help
a little.  If you get bites and give in to the temptation to scratch, thereby
producing an even worse itch, you can get some temporary relief (long enough to
get to sleep at night, at least ) using an ice pack to deaden the itch - at
least for those bites in the more accessible spots!  If you can protect a bite
from being brushed by clothing, etc., the itch doesn't seem to be as bad.  I've
put Band-Aids over bites behind my knees or on my ankles and it seems to keep
the itch cycle from starting.  Of course I look ridiculous with all those
Band-Aids, but at that point, who cares!

Diane