Re: [ft-l] Chiggers

I've found two things that work for me in preventing chigger bites.  One is
dusting my socks/boot tops with sulphur powder.  The other is DEET.

I found only one thing that seems to help chiggers after they strike.  A
bath as soon as possible in water as hot as I can stand it.  If I can't
prevent the buggers, I'll steam 'em out!   ;-)

Actually, I used to work in the woods all summer.  I found that after a week
or so I either stopped being bitten or my body adapted to the irritation so
they didn't itch anymore.  But oh, that first week was a bummer    ;-(