Re: [ft-l] you have legs & all

Sandy,
	Way back when (sorry I've been r-e-a-a-a-a-l-y busy) you wrote:

> EARTHWORM??????  how'd you get that?  you have legs & all.
> i looked.

	Well, sort of a revised edition of "bookworm", me being a
librarian, and all, and some folks seem to assume we just sit around
all day and read books.  But to make it more trail-relevant, I changed
that to "earthworm" because 1. earthworms do good things for the earth
(dirt, that is) and I try to do good things, too--like recyle, not be a
such a "consumer," and definitely be a "Leave NO Trace" hiker/camper, and
2. my hiking "speed" (and I use the word VERY loosely) about matches
the crawling speed of an earthworm.  Since I had no immediate plans to be
an A.T. thru-hiker, but am doing it in small sections, I assumed I would
not be annointed with a trailname by others, so I chose one ahead of
time, myself.
	BTW, I got a pretty good shot of you in your pose as "food
police," and will mail you a copy (and one of us at the ft-l table) if you
want--just give me your snail mail address.  But don't hold your
breath...it'll take me as long to get copies of the pix made for everyone
as it took for me to reply to your email!  :-)  --  Earthworm/Linda

PS I love the "Death's door" thing-ey!!

To:            ft-l@backcountry.net