RE: [ft-l] Thanks to all -- especially the list "table mates" and a few questions

I tend to agree with Jeff's definition of a long-distance hiker.  Some of my
week-long treks in the mountains (over 10,000 feet)  sure seemed like one heck
of a long distance (including looking down!).  So I hope I qualify.  Also agree
that it should not be confused with thru-hiking, two different objectives.

A friend used a space blanket (bag actually- it came sewn that way) to
supplement her sleeping bag on one of my mountain hikes.  She scrunched down way
inside (it was COLD!) and the next morning she was soaked-- her breath condensed
inside the space bag and made a LOT of moisture (we poured it out).  My advice
would be-- if you use a space bag, don't scrunch!

Great meeting all ya'll!  We're already working on next year's conference-- any
volunteers?