Re: [ft-l] Thanks to all -- especially the list "table mates" and a few questions

>First -- what the heck IS a long-distance hiker? Is it measured by
consistent

That's an interesting question.  Now, lets NOT mix this up with the
definition of a thru-hiker!  Quantitatively speaking, I would have to say,
"Anyone who backpacks for more than just a weekend period (2-3 days)".  But
some would say that the terms of thru-hiker and long distance hiker are the
same, I don't believe that there are.  Anyone else have an opinion on this?

>Oh -- another question -- anyone else out there play with those so-called
>"space blankets"? I love mine, for the great warmth and very light weight,
but
>gee whiz they rattle a LOT. This trip was my first time out in my very own

I a true emergency situation, I don't think too many people would complain
(only out of jealously).  It stinks to be cold.  Did you use a sleeping bag?
What kind?

Happy Hiking,
Jeff Walters