[ft-l] [Fwd: Swan Slog]

I am forwarding an E Mail sent to me by a friend who hiked Big Cypress
preserve last week.
The following info comes from a book called Florida Camping:
Monument Lake Campground:
On the Tamiami Trail in Big Cypress National Preserve
	There are 36 campsites. There are chemical toilets. The nearest
drinking water is at the Oasis Visitor Center five miles east on U>S>
41/Tamiami Trail.
	Reservations are not accepted and there is no fee. The campground is
filled on weekends in Jan. & Feb.. Stays are limited to 14 days.
Contact Big Cypress National Preserve
	HCR 61, Box 110 Ochopee Fl 33943
	(941) 695-4111 or (941) 695-2000.
Monument Lake is similar to its sister campgrounds in Big Cypress
National Preserve witn primitive amenities and sunny sites surrounding a
lake.

MidWay Campground
There are 40 sites. Same info as above
Midway is closest to the Oasis Visitor Center.

Burns Lake Campground
There are 55 sites. Primitive sites. Chemical Toilets. Bring your own
water. Drinking water is available 4 miles west at Don Drive Campground.
No Reservations and no fee.

Dona Drive Campground.
9 sites with picnic tables. No electric. $4.00 a night. No reservations.
Three miles east of intersection of 41 and 29 on south side of hwy.

Big Cypress Trail Lakes Campground
97 Rv sites with full hookups and picnic tables with a separate area
with 12 tent sites. Restrooms, showers laundry facilities and store.
Reservations recomended Sites $12 - $14. Same phone numbers as above.

Hope this helps. I did a three day Kayak weekend in the 10,000 Islands
last weekend and it was fabulous. Warm enough to swim during the day but
cool enough to keep the bugs away at night. We camped on the Chickees
and Islands.

I also will be going to Conference. Hope to see you there.
							Triathlon Grandma