Re: [ft-l] Little Manatee River SRA?

I just looked though a couple of books, I've never hiked that trail (It's on my to-do list <grin>), but it does look like the camping area is on high dry ground.  Water shouldn't be more than 2-2.5 miles from camp.  Just bring a couple of water bags in and fill up at the river or at a side stream/spring.  Here's what the book says (Hiker's Guide to Florida):

"The terrain is flat for easy walking, but a lot of effort went into building this pathway: there are two boardwalks and almost twenty bridges."

It sounds pretty nice.  Information # is (813) 671-5005.

Happy Hiking,
Jeff Walters
Anywhere is walking distance, if you've got the time.
(Steven Wright)
Florida Backpacker's Trailplace
http://www.iag.net/~fbt/

Is there a water source near the primitive campsite on the trail? I am not that picky a good puddle will do or do I need to hike the one mile back to the river?

Thanks