RE: [ft-l] Lake Kissimmee State Park Hike Report

That park is silly with wildlife-- I've awakened to Sandhills cruising through
my campsite, watched raccoons brazenly scoping my chuck box (sealed, of course)
with no regard for my presence, attracted deer with my harmonica (no kidding),
and observed nesting eagles (south loop, east side, just south of the prairie).
Signs of turpentining operations along the trail, birds of every kind along the
lake edge.  Interpretive history at the Cow Camp- with some of the few remaining
Spanish Andalusian cattle ("scrub cows") in the state.  Except for the nearly
constant drone of airboats at any hour (not too many places left anywhere where
you can get completely free of technology and commerce!), this park is
exceptional for a place to get away and relax, easy to reach for most central
Floridians.

But please keep it a secret.

Pam
SwampLily