[ft-l] A couple Thoreua quotes.

If you are ready to leave father and mother, and bother and sister, and wife and child and friends, and never see them again --- if you have paid your debts, and made your will, and settled all your affairs, and are a free man, then you are ready for a walk.

The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.

The swiftest traveler is he who goes afoot.

Happy Hiking,
Jeff Walters
fbt@iag.net
Florida Backpacker's Trailplace