[ft-l] AT Trip and the Word of the Week!

Well, It's finally time to hit the trail!  Myself and a small group of FTA (Florida Trail Association) members are going to be on the AT next week.  We leave tomorrow and should be on the trail from Tues. Oct. 12 to Thurs. Oct. 15.  Our start is at the Standing Indian Campground and we'll be heading up the Long Branch Trail to the AT (North to South) and then back on the Kimsey Creek Trail.

Tues.   Big Spring Shelter
Wed.   Carter Gap Shelter
Thurs.  Standing Indian Shelter

It will be nice to get out of this hot weather and into some 30-40 degree nights!  Brrr, I can't wait! <big grin>

Since I will not be here next week for the "Word of the Week",  I am handing this official power over to Sandy Hubbard.  I thought about making the word "COLD", because I am waiting for it to get cold down here so we can all go backpacking again or because I am getting tired of hiding in the Air Conditioning all the time.  Anyway, Sandy it's all yours! <big grin>  Have fun everyone.

Happy Trails,
Jeff Walters
Anywhere is walking distance, if you've got the time.
(Steven Wright)
Florida Backpacker's Trailplace
http://www.iag.net/~fbt/