Re: [ft-l] FTA - AT 1998

"The Gathering" is the annual meeting of ALDHA, the Appalachian Long Distance
Hikers Association.  They meet for a long weekend every fall (the site
differs, this year it's in West Virginia).  It's a reunion of folks who've met
on long hikes, a change to meet others with the same interest, an opportunity
to learn about other trails to hike.  Once there, they put on a whole bunch of
talks, panel discussions, slide shows, presentations, etc. geared to the
interests of long distance hikers.  There's a web site at

www.aldha.org

where you can see all the information for this year.  Jon Phipps & I are
leaving Thursday morning.  (He's the long distance hiker; I'm the trail
support person.)

Joan
bluetrail@aol.com