[ft-l] VERY SPECIAL HOLIDAY OUTING

This was forwarded to me to be sent to this list:
Jeff Walters

Please circulate this to those on your e-mail list that you think might
be interested.  I'd like to see this sell out quickly so we can make
firm holiday plans as soon as possible.  Thanks.

Fred Mays

A VERY SPECIAL HOLIDAY OUTING

November 27-29 [Thanksgiving Weekend]
Journey to the Source, Cedar Key.
On a hill in Cedar Key stands a state historical marker for John Muir,
founder of the Sierra Club. Here is where Muir's early writings about
nature and conservation began. The Florida Chapter of the Sierra Club
petitioned the State of Florida in 1981 to erect an historical marker to
honor this milestone in America's environmental movement.
We meet in Cedar Key at 11 a.m., Friday.  Friday afternoon is devoted to
a bicycle tour of the island, with a stop at the Muir marker and State
Historical Museum.  Saturday we kayak the Cedar Key Wildlife Refuge with
award-winning naturalist/writer/photographer Jeff Ripple.  Sunday we
have brunch, then explore this historic coastal community on your own.
Lodging options: The historic Island Hotel ($95-$125 per night) or Park
Place Apartments ($70-$80).  There are also RV campgrounds available.
Bike rentals are available at a nominal price, or bring your own.  Kayak
trip is $85, including rental, or $40 if you have your own kayak.
Contact Fred Mays, 407-647-4476 or fredmays@gate.net.  Limit 12 people.
Donation to the outings fund is requested from participants of this
outing.
DEADLINE- Because of the need to confirm hotels and assure availability
of Jeff Ripple on this very busy holiday weekend, we need advance
reservations by October 1.