[ft-l] Fw: Recent Question.

Here are a few trails in So FL:

Du Puis Reserve on SR 76 just east of Pt Mayaka  near Lake Okeechobee.
This trail can be day hiked for backpacked.  They allow hunting in here so
check with So FL Water Management or the Section  Leader, Andre Marcil @
(561) 368-2479.

Jonathan Dickinson SP - On US 1 about 2 miles north of the Palm Beach
County line.  This can also be used as a day hike or backpack.  The park
has maps and any info you might need.  If you want you can call me at (561)
439-4381 as I am the Section Leader for this trail.

The dike all around Lake Okeechobee.  You can day hike or backpack on this
trail also.  The birding here is great!! If the Bald Eagles have migrated,
you wil almost certainly see them as there are several nests around the
lake.  You can call the Army Corps of Engineers in Clewiston or the Section
Leader, Paul Cummings (561) 734-4416.

I know we also have hiking trails in Big Cypress and a few other places
further south, but I don't have any info on them.  Call the FT office at
1-80-3431882, nd they can give you info on these trails, or point you in
the right direction.

Hope this helps!

Sunny
in Sunny So FLA