Re: [ft-l] Prainie Lakes/Three Lakes

>If that doesn't work out for you, I have a spot open on the Appalachian
Trail trip to NC Oct. 10-18.      Description is in current Footprint.<

  I'd love to go, but can't get away for more than a weekend.

>Let me know what you find out about Prairie Lakes.  I have plans to be
there
Mar 12, 13,14.  Plan to join us then, also.<

I'm a CPA and am probably not going to be able to get away then-that's the
height of my busy season.  :(  :(  OTOH I work for myself, so I can sneak
in long weekends during most of the rest of the year.

 It looks like the weekend of 10/17-18 is good for Prairie Lakes.  If i
remember correctly, isn't there a pond at Dry Pond that you can pump water
from??  I'm tentatively planning to start at the end of the entrance road
off SR 60, hike to Dry Pond for the night, then hike to the backpacking
parking  ("2" on the trail guide) .  If I go from Dry Pond to the junction
of the loops, then go on the west leg of the north loop, and around that
way, it will be a nice amount of miles before driving home.  Total milage
should be about 19 miles for two days.    Enough for novices.

Sunny
in Sunny So FLA

To:            <ft-l@backcountry.net>